1. P.E. Bloomfield, W.-J. Lo, P.A. Lewin, “Determination of Thickness Acoustical Properties of Polymers Utilized in the Construction of PVDF Ultrasonic Transducers -- Sonic and Electrical Impedance Measurements of Thickness Acoustical Properties of PVDF and P(VDF/TrFE)”, accepted for publication in IEEE Trans. UFFC, 47, (2000).
2. P.E. Bloomfield, “Comment on "Brans-Dicke wormholes in the Jordan and Einstein frames”, Phys. Rev. D 59, 088501 (3 pages, 15 April 1999)
3. Q. Zhang, P.A. Lewin, and P.E. Bloomfield, “PVDF transducer - A Performance Comparison of a Single Layer and Multilayer Structures,” 1995 IEEE Ultrasonics Sympos. Proc. 1341 (1996) and IEEE Trans. UFFC, 44, 1148 (1997).
4. Q. Zhang, P.A. Lewin, and P.E. Bloomfield, “Variable Frequency Multilayer PVDF Transducers for Ultrasound Imaging”, 1997 SPIE Medical Imaging Symposium, in Ultrasonic Transducer Engineering, (K. Shung, ed.), Proc. SPIE 3037, 1 (1997).
5. P.E. Bloomfield, F. Castro, and R.M. Goeller, “The Design, Processing, Evaluation and Characterization of Pyroelectric PVDF Copolymer/Silicon Mosfet Detector Arrays”, Proceedings of the Ninth IEEE ISAF (1994), IEEE 94CH3416-5, 1/95, 725.
6. P.E. Bloomfield, “Dielectric and Piezoelectric Properties of Stacked and Plated PVDF, P(VDF/TrFE) and Ceramic/Rubber Composite Thick Films”, Proceedings of the Ninth IEEE ISAF (1994), IEEE 94CH3416-5, 1/95, 287 (1994).
7. P.A. Lewin, Q. Zhang, and P.E. Bloomfield, “Enhanced Bandwidth Ultrasound Transducers with Multiple Piezoelectric Polymer Layers,” in New Developments in Ultrasonic Transducers and Transducer Systems (F.L. Lizzi, ed.), Proc. SPIE 1733, 297 (1992).
8. A.S. Fiorillo, J. Van der Spiegel, D. Esmail-Zandi, and P.E. Bloomfield,, “A P(VDF/ TrFE) Based Integrated Ultrasonic Transducer”, Sensors and Actuators, A22, 719 (1990).
9. A. Lee, A.S. Fiorillo, J. Van der Spiegel, P.E. Bloomfield, J. Dao, and P. Dario, “Design and Fabrication of a Silicon P(VDF/TrFE) Piezoelectric Sensor”, Thin Solid Films 181, 245 (1989).
10. P.E. Bloomfield, “Production of Ferroelectric Oriented PVDF Films”, Journal of Plastic Film and Sheeting, 4 (2), 123 (1988).
11. P.E. Bloomfield, and M.A. Marcus, “Production of Ferroelectric Polymer Films”, Ch. 3 in Applications of Ferroelectric Polymers, ed. T.T. Wang, (Blackie & Son, Ltd., 1987).
12. K.T. Park, R.D. Klafter, P.E. Bloomfield, “A Charge Readout Algorithm for Piezoelectric Force Transducers”, Proc. of the IEEE Sixth IEEE ISAF (1986), 715.
13 K.T. Park, R.D. Klafter and P.E. Bloomfield, “A PVDF Tactile Sensor for Industrial Robots”, Robots 10 (1986).
14. P.E. Bloomfield and S. Preis, “Piezoelectric and Dielectric Properties of Heat Treated and Polarized VDF/TrFE Copolymers”, IEEE Trans. On Elec. Insul. EI-21, 533 (1986).
15. P.E. Bloomfield and W.R. Scott, “Measurement of the High Frequency Piezoelectric Strain Response of Polarized PVDF”, Ferroelectrics 57, 23 (1984).
16. P.E. Bloomfield and B.E. Mount, “Ultrasonic Gas Flow Velocity Transducer Utilizing Piezoelectric Polymer Film”, Internat. Sympos. On Piezoelectricity in Biomaterials and Biomed. Devices (1983)
17. P.E. Bloomfield and W.R. Scott, “Durable Lead Attachment Techniques for PVDF Polymer Transducers with Applications to High Voltage Pulsed Ultrasonics”, Ferroelectrics 32, 79 (1981).
18. P.E. Bloomfield, P.F. Radice, O.S. Sprout, and H. Stefanou, “Piezo- and Pyroelectricity in PVDF”, Naval Res. Rev. 31, No. 5, 1 (1978).
19. P.E. Bloomfield, I. Lefkowitz, and A.D. Aranoff, “Electric Field Distributions in Dielectrics with Special Emphasis on Near Surface Regions in Ferroelectrics”, Phys. Rev. B4, 974 (1971).
1. Electrical Connection for a Piezoelectric Member of Polymeric Material such as PVDF, US Patent 4339683A (1982), with W.R. Scott, W.T. Weist and K.M McMahon.
2. Method for Making a Thin Film Polymeric Substrate Piezoelectric Transducer, US Patent 44066059A (1983), with W.R. Scott, W.T. Weist and K.M McMahon.
3. “Piezoelectric Polymer Material Manufactured by Simultaneous Stretching and Electrical Polarization of Polymer Blank”, EP 1569A (1985), P.E. Bloomfield, R.A. Ferren, and D.H. Wickwire.
4. “Process of Preparing a Vinylidene Fluoride Copolymer Piezoelectric Sheet”, U.S. Patent Priority 750443 (1987). P.E. Bloomfield and S. Preis,.
5. “Manufacture of Nonfibrous Piezoelectric Olefin-vinylidene Fluoride Copolymer Sheets”, U.S. Patent 4692285 (1988), P.E. Bloomfield and S. Preis.
6. “Apparatus for Piezoelectric Polymer Films and Tubes”, US Patent 44800048 (1989), P.E. Bloomfield, R.A. Ferren, and D.H. Wickwire.
7. “Manufacture of Electrically Insulating Oriented
Tetrafluoroethylene-Vinylidene Fluoride Copolymer Films”, EP
315708 (1989), L.K. Wempe, D.H. Wickwire and P.E. Bloomfield.