|BIOMED Peer Mentor Program
The School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health System's Peer Mentor Program is designed to help incoming and transfer biomedical engineering students by providing them with a peer mentor to offer resources, support, and information.
What is a Peer Mentor?
Peer Mentors assist undergraduate freshman and transfer biomedical engineering students throughout the year with their personal and academic needs. Peer mentors serve as leaders and role models in the School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems and are provided to help all engineering students at Drexel University.
Why become a Peer Mentor?
- Make a difference in the lives of biomedical engineering students!
- Meet new people!
- Build your resume!
- Gain leadership experience!
- Learn skills that will help you be successful after college!
What are the requirements and responsibilities?
1. Mentors must attend the School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems recruitment events.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher.
- Must have SO, PJ, JR, or SR status.
- Must complete an application and interview (please see "How do I become a Peer Mentor?" near the bottom of this page).
- Must be enrolled in the School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems.
- Must commit to the program for the entire academic year.
2. Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.0 throughout the Peer Mentor program.
- Mentors are expected to attend at least one student event per term hosted by the School of Biomedical Engineering or Drexel University.
- Mentors are expected to attend at least one New Student Orientation during summer term and/or one recruitment event per term.
- Mentors are assigned to assist one of the BME UNIV 101 class sections.
3. Be available to answer questions and assist new and current students with problems and issues.
- Remain in "Good Standing" with the University, academically and judicially.
4. Attend mandatory Peer Mentor training and meetings throughout the academic year.
- Answer e-mails from students.
- Be creative in helping new students and transfer students feel more comfortable in the School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems.
How do I become a Peer Mentor?
Please click here to fill out the application! To use the "Submit Button" on the pdf version of the form, you will need to download the pdf form and open it in Adobe Acrobat. Applications will be accepted until July 10th.